- Must be in the country for at least 90 cumulative days in a year
- Offshore income of at least RM 40,000 / month (This one has been called by the foreigners to revise it again) (Opinion : most retirees take a major drop in income, appealing to come to Malaysia?)
- Two age category; 25 – 49 and 50 years and above
- to make an asset declaration and prove that they own liquid assets of at least RM1.5 million (previous conditions at RM350,000 and RM500,000 according to respective categories)
- long-term social visit pass was now set to five years and can be extended for another five and so on as long as participants are subject to the compliance of the application conditions, compared to 10 years previously
The MM2H programme, introduced in 2002, allowed foreigners to purchase property and reside in Malaysia on a long term basis. It was then temporarily frozen in August 2020 to enable the Home Ministry and the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture to study and review the programme comprehensively. The programme managed to stimulate the country’s economy with a cumulative Gross Value Added income of RM11.89 billion from 2002 to 2019 through visa fees, property purchases, personal vehicle purchases, fixed deposits and monthly household expenditure.
Hope this will stimulate the country economy during the pandemic.
Just weird. How they will fly over to Malaysia during pandemic.
On Sept 7, Malaysia banned entry from 23 countries for having more than 150,000 COVID-19 positive cases.
- The countries are the
- United States
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- Saudi Arabia
Shocking Fact about the new MM2H programme and the harsh feedbacks..
3 Comments Received :
- they think Malaysia is a heaven on earth
- that department do research based on buku.
- “Are we giving the best value to the applicants and holders of MM2H or are we giving them the choice to look at other countries that offer more relaxed requirements?” asked one of the consultants.
- No confidence with new regulations, says 70% MM2H agents